GA

GA-C

Translate

Recent Most Popular

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Interview with Industry Experts - Staking on Wi-Fi for Next Gen Networks 4G/5G

We discussed with Oscar Bexell, about the Wi-Fi stake on Next Gen Netowrks and organizatios/associations associated in this endeavor with perspective.
Oscar Bexell

Oscar is very active in linkedin discussion on any topic related to wireless, in his career so far he mostly being with ericsson at various technical & leading positions. He currently advisor to the board with Repeatit.

you may find his career detial in LinkedIn  and may contact.

Here are what his views.........

xgnlab: 5G still seams to be dimensionless, where do you see Wi-Fi fitting with 5G?

Oscar: Residential and for enterprises (how long depends on how well 11ax plays out). In the longer run, and with new types of gadgets coming in, I don't think anything LBT/CS fits the bill. CBRS will take off in the US and take the indoor enterprise space. In China the MNOs have been doing this with small cells for quite some time. In other countries there will be other approaches. Different markets will also take longer/shorter time to adopt. For many Wi-Fi system integrators and vendors, there will be market shares to take with CBRS.

xgnlab:  Wi-Fi in current wireless access technology space is on hype or settled, why?

Oscar: Settled, but all technology is in a sliding window and the access networks are never better than what we use them for. ADSL was good enough in Sweden 10 years ago. Then came Netflix and other streaming services and now everyone wants fiber. Same with wireless. The phone is a 20th century innovation. Sooner or later it will be replaced with something better, and I doubt Wi-Fi (or anything LBT/CS) will be feasible other than in residential environments (but I hope 11ax will prolong the process).

xgnlab: How relevant WBA has been so far, and what you think about its future role should be?

Oscar: I only follow them from a distance. I like the NGH initiative. I think they should get into CBRS+4G/5G. That's where the MSOs and many service providers will be able to take footprints over time. Build ecosystem and drive standardization/harmonization.

xgnlab: How relevant Wi-Fi Alliance has been so far, and what you think about its future role should be?

Oscar: It's probably the main factor behind the success of Wi-Fi. I see their work as critical, both for new standards, but maybe even more for driving interoperability work and harmonization of frequencies. They should keep on doing exactly this, but I also think they should drive CBRS spectrum harmonization in more markets and the ecosystems around this. That is the future for enterprise/venue in-building networks.

xgnlab: Wi-Fi access would be catching what kind of segments of IOT?

Oscar: It's already used a lot, especially in in-home deployments and as backhaul to many Bluetooth/Zigbee/Z-wave/gateway applications. It will play a very big role in the coming years as it's already present in most environments. I think mainly as backhaul. I'm also looking forward to see how 802.11ah takes off. I see that mainly as an in-home competitor to Bluetooth 5.0 and Zigbee.

Saturday 23 September 2017

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH SIR VINCENZO PIURI, NOMINEE IEEE PRESIDENTIAL ELECT 2018 - ON IEEE FUTURE STAKE.

This is our Priviledge here to share exclusive talk with Sir Vincenzo Piuri, Nominee for IEEE president elect 2018. 

IEEE is well known for core and fundamental research activities, academics, standards and industry work on advance technological and scientific subjects. It always being to find an elite stature for being associted with it, either for an entity or an individual.

Looking at current scenarios and emerging trends in technological and scientific space and recognizing highly disruptive and uncertain ecosystem around and need for transformation of organization like IEEE for upcoming industry and academic need, we found it to be right time to talk with the people, deserving to be at the helm of affaire in comming time. 

For The Interview Click Here.
For any query "contact@xgnlab.com"

About Vincenzo Piuri

Headshot of Vin Piuri

VINCENZO PIURI

(Nominated by IEEE Board of Directors)

Professor
University of Milan
Milano, Italy
VincenzoPiuri.org

Vincenzo Piuri (IEEE Fellow, 2001) is Professor of Computer Engineering at University of Milan, Italy (since 2000; Department Chair in 2007-2012). He has been Associate Professor at Politecnico di Milano, Italy (1992-2000), visiting professor at University of Texas at Austin, USA (summers 1996-1999), and visiting researcher at George Mason University, USA (summers 2012-2016). He founded a start-up company for industrial intelligent systems (CEO in 2007-2010).

His research and industrial interests are in intelligent systems, neural networks, pattern recognition, machine learning, signal/image processing, measurement systems, and fault-tolerant architectures. He has published 400+ research papers in international journals, conference proceedings, and books.

He has received several awards and recognitions for scientific contributions and IEEE service. He is an IEEE Fellow, ACM Distinguished Scientist, IEEE-HKN Member, INNS Senior Member, and active Member of IEEE Societies/Technical Councils/Affinity Groups (including CIS, ComSoc, CS, CSS, EMBS, IMS, PHOS, RAS, SMCS, SPS, BIOMC, SYSC, WIE).

For more about Sir Vincenzo Piuri, from IEEE Accomplishments & Activities, Click HERE

Exclusive Interview with Sir Jose M. F. Moura, Nominee IEEE Presidential elect 2018 - On IEEE Future Stake.

This is our Priviledge here to share exclusive talk with Sir Jose M. F. Moura, Nominee for IEEE president elect 2018. 

IEEE is well known for core and fundamental research activities, academics, standards and industry work on advance technological and scientific subjects. It always being to find an elite stature for being associted with it, either for an entity or an individual.

Looking at current scenarios and emerging trends in technological and scientific space and recognizing highly disruptive and uncertain ecosystem around and need for transformation of organization like IEEE for upcoming industry and academic need, we found it to be right time to talk with the people, deserving to be at the helm of affaire in comming time. 

For the Interview Click Here
For any query "contact@xgnlab.com"

About José M. F. Moura

Headshot of Jose Moura

JOSÉ M. F. MOURA
(Nominated by Petition)

Philip and Marsha Dowd University Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, and
BioMedical Engineering Department
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA
www.ece.cmu.edu/~moura

José Moura is Chaired University Professor at CMU, member US National Academy of Engineering, corresponding member of Portugal Academy of Sciences, Fellow of US National Academy of Inventors, IEEE Fellow and AAAS Fellow. He is a member of the US National Academies Navy Study Board. He holds a doctorate from MIT and an EE from IST, Portugal. He was a Professor at IST, visiting Professor at MIT and NYU. Accomplishments: founded a large research program between CMU and Portugal, www.cmuportugal.org; holds 14 patents, two used in 3 billion disk drive chips in 60% of all computers sold in last 12 years ($750Million settlement between CMU and chip manufacturer); cofounded Spiralgen www.spiralgen.com; technology licensed by Intel (10 million lines of code in Intel’s IPP) and Siemens (MRI scanners). He received the IEEE Signal Processing Society Technical Achievement Award and the Society Award for outstanding technical contributions and leadership in Signal Processing.

For more aboute Sir Jose M. F. Moura from IEEE Accomplishments & Activities, Click HERE